1 MAHARASHTRANAVAL UNIT
The unit was raised on 01 Sep 1952 as No 1 (Bombay) Naval Unit NCC with strength of 60 Senior Division cadets and 3 Junior Division troops comprising of 300 cadets. Prior to shifting to the present location in the NCC building, the unit functioned from the Jai Hind College premises. On bifurcation of erstwhile Bombay State into Maharashtra and Gujarat on 01 May 1960, the unit was re-designated as No. 1 (Maharashtra) Naval Unit NCC.
The unit has ‘Jai Hind Detachment’ which is an ‘open unit’ to facilitate intake of students of constituent colleges and recognized institutions of the University of Mumbai which do not have any Naval activities. The cadets of this unit are imparted training in subjects with emphasis on Naval aspects.